Friday, September 3, 2010

September Third



Today I decided to visit one of my favorite parts of the museum, the Sackler Wing, where the Temple of Dendur is.

I remember first seeing The Temple of Dendur at ten, when my parents took my brother and I to New York for the first time. It is the reason I fell in love with the Met. I can remember nothing else of that first visit.

It was interesting writing there, because it is one of the few places in the Museum where visitors spend long periods of time. People stop and sit and talk, watch their children, one man read a book for over an hour while I was there.

The writing came easier today, which was relief.





I apologize. The poem originally here was revised and accepted elsewhere.




Factors
Day of the Week: Friday. The Met is open till 9:00 on Friday's and Saturday's. There is also live classical music from 5:00 on, in the balcony which is nice.
Occupancy of Museum: Busy, but not overwhelmingly so.
Arrived at: 4:05
Departed at: 5:20
Read on Commute: Chronic City by Jonathan Lethem (portions of it involve the Met)

No comments:

Post a Comment