Sunday, September 5, 2010

September, 5th





The Met was very busy today and I found myself wandering aimlessly into the Modern Art section, which was slightly more peaceful. As I passed a Roy Lichtenstein a preteen boy in a Pink Floyd T-shirt said to his father loudly "If we leave here right now, you don't even have to buy me a watch".

I sat in front of Jackson Pollock's Autumn Rhythm (Number 30). I wrote for a while when a toddler ran at the painting excitedly exclaiming "Glow Paint! Glow Paint!" only to be told otherwise by his mother.

I wrote a lot today but most of it didn't turn out well, but I do have one small offering. Below is a photo of the page I wrote with first edits added in at an Upper West Side Starbucks.



Secret Sharer

A five hour flight away,
to say nothing of airport security.

I can call from the front stoop
to the freeway, your artery, the gap

between work and La Brea
I fill, you mend

a heated walk.
We vault worries,

embed the other's
life within.



Factors
Day of the Week: Sunday
Occupancy of Museum: Busy, loud.
Arrived at: 12:00
Departed at: 1:25
Read on Commute: Chronic City by Jonathan Lethem

No comments:

Post a Comment