Friday, September 17, 2010

September 17th



My guest writer today was the lovely Jean Hartig, who had been for a run around the storm stricken Prospect Park before meeting me on the way to the subway. It was nice to have someone to share the commute with, due to the storm the commute was considerably longer today then it normally is. All the trains were running late.

Jean chose the American Wing and it was very nice to be back there. Even though there is something cold and formal about the room I enjoy writing there because of the light.





Edited to Remove Poem: An edited version of this poem has since been published.






Factors
Day of the Week: Friday
Occupancy of Museum: Empty
Arrived at: 9:45
Departed at: 11:00
Read on Commute: On the way there I talked and on the return trip I read a little more of Provenance by Laney Salisbury and Aly Sujo.

No comments:

Post a Comment