Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 16th



Today I arrived at 4:15. At 5:00 the guards started yelling that it was 15 minutes to close even though the museum officially closes its doors at 5:30.



I wrote today in Oceania, which is one of my father's favorite rooms in the museum. There I sat underneath the Kwama ceiling (pictured below) which was made in the 1970s.



A Little Spring Cleaning

I have shed skin to find this skirt,
these shoes, the same hair clip,
mirror me, a clone. I can only claim

rebirth. The tip of my tongue
still knowing the joy in strawberries.
Yet that child with the numbered boxes,

happiness attached to timelines,
bereaves me. It is her scar I bear
on my lower back, a round inverse island,
adjacent to spine.



Factors

Day of the Week: Thursday
Occupancy of Museum: Uncrowded
Arrived at: 4:15
Departed at: 5:15
Read on Commute: I am reading Provenance by Laney Salisbury and Aly Sujo, which is a book about art forgery that I purchased in the Met store.

No comments:

Post a Comment