Monday, August 9, 2010

The Project Outline

This September I have decided to undergo a poetry experiment. The loose outline of the experiment is below.

The Objective: To examine an environment's effect on writing and the influence and interaction of art, history and routine.

Rules:

1. Visit the Met every day for a whole month. This includes Mondays when the museum is closed and I cannot enter.
2. Write a poem at the Met. If the Met is closed this includes the steps and the part of Central Park that surrounds the Museum.
3. Edit and post the poem within 24 hours. 48 at the latest.
4. Writing must be done at the museum but it does not necessarily have to be about the museum or the art it contains.

Additionally, I am looking for visitors: writers, artists, photographers, scientists, etc, to join me for one day at the museum. The work they produce will be posted on this blog. If you are interested in joining me, please email cthomson@gm.slc.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment